Strong end to the year, despite ongoing geopolitical tension and rising inflation.
- Net sales amounted to SEK 651.8 million (466.8), an increase of 39.6% compared with the same period last year. Organic growth amounted to 41.0%.
- Operating earnings before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 86.7 million (14.9), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 13.3% (3.2).
- Operating earnings (EBIT) amounted to SEK 70.5 million (0.7), corresponding to an EBIT margin of 10.8% (0.1).
- Underlying earnings before depreciation (underlying EBITDA) amounted to SEK 93.1 million (31.7) , corresponding to an underlying EBITDA margin of 14.3% (6.8).
- Order intake amounted to SEK 391.5 million (334.9), an increase of 16.9 % on the same period last year. Organic growth amounted to 14,8%.
JANUARY – DECEMBER
- Net sales amounted to SEK 2,321.5 million (1,946.3), an increase of 19.3% compared with the same period last year. Organic growth amounted to 18.8%.
- Operating earnings before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to SEK 239.3 million (200.9), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 10.3% (10.3).
- Operating earnings (EBIT) amounted to SEK 178.1 million (143.7), corresponding to an EBIT margin of 7.7% (7.4).
- Underlying earnings before depreciation (underlying EBITDA) amounted to SEK 285.5 million (239.1), corresponding to an underlying EBITDA margin of 12.3% (12.3).
- Order intake amounted to SEK 2,293.0 million (1,925.6), an increase of 19.1 % on the same period last year. Organic growth amounted to 17,1%.
COMMENTS FROM THE CEO
Sales for the quarter amounted to SEK 651.8 (466.8) million, an increase of 39.6% on the previous year. ViaCon’s acquired operations contributed SEK 26.4 million to sales, although we chose to leave and divest non-core operations with a sales amount of approximately SEK 24.8 million in the corresponding period last year. Organic growth was 41.0%, adjusted for divestments and acquisitions. During the first three quarters of the year, ViaCon experienced that deliveries to customers were postponed as an effect of disruptions in the supply chain and longer lead times in customers’ financing of projects. During the fourth quarter, ViaCon has focused on delivering these orders, which had a positive impact on sales and results. Adjusted for non-recurring items, adjusted operating earnings before depreciation and amortisation amounted to SEK 93.1 (31.7) million, resulting in an adjusted EBITDA margin of 14.3 (6.8)%. The quarter’s operating earnings were also affected by rising inflation, a higher cost structure, and one-off costs for medium- and long-term growth initiatives.
There are several infrastructure investments taking place around Europe as there is a great need to renew and expand an ageing infrastructure in many countries. During the fourth quarter, we had a high order intake which amounted to SEK 391.5 (334.9) million, of which the organic growth was 14.8%. Demand and order intake have been strong during the year, but unevenly distributed between the quarters, and for the full year order intake amounted to SEK 2,293.0 (1,925.6) million, of which organic growth was 17.1%. The order book at the end of December remained good.
Cash flow for the quarter was strong as an effect of earnings and reduced working capital, driven by deliveries of previously deferred infrastructure projects. Through concerted efforts, we also reduced our inventory and our overdue accounts receivable during the quarter, which also contributed positively to the business’s cash flow.
During the first six months of the year, ViaCon experienced greatly increased prices for input goods and longer lead times for these. During the last six months, prices and lead times decreased and we experienced a stabilisation in the market for both suppliers’ and customers’ financing. During the quarter we have focused on increased flexibility so that we can quickly adapt the business to any changes in demand. ViaCon is affected by the ongoing geopolitical turmoil and rising inflation. The costs related to energy, transport and disruptions in the supply chain are high, which is a challenge, and we work actively to try to compensate for the related effects. High inflation and interest rate rises increases lead to some uncertainty for the market in 2023, especially within the StormWater Solutions business unit which has a larger share of privately funded projects.
ViaCon is an entrepreneurial company with a history of meeting challenges in a flexible, dynamic way. This is also made possible by our strong market position, and the solid, long-term customer relationships we have in the markets where we operate.
Thousands of sustainability projects are underway, aiming to strengthening Europe and rebuilding the economy of an entire continent whose infrastructure has been neglected. Our strategy gives us confidence in being able to deliver continued good development as the leading European provider, with more sustainable solutions compared to alternative types of materials. This, combined with gradually broadening our market presence and our customer offering, means that we aim to grow faster than the market. ViaCon is determined to be at the forefront of contributing to sustainable development in the infrastructure sector, an area where we can make a difference for our customers and our environment.
President and CEO, ViaCon Group
Presentation of the report
A live presentation of the financial results and development for the period followed by a Q&A session will be held as follows:
Date: Monday, February 20, 2023
Time: 10:00 -11:00 CET
Presenters: CEO Stefan Nordström and CFO Philip Delborn
Link to webcast: https://www.finwire.tv/webcast/viacon-group/2022-q4/
The session will be recorded and available to watch on-demand via the link above.
The full report is published at www.viacongroup.com.